- The Guardian: HSBC failed to act on money laundering, says US Senate
- REUTERS: Alstom says fined for negligence in Swiss bribery probe
- The STAR: NGOs add new twist to IOI-RSPO issues
- UN HABITAT - State of the World's Cities 2010/2011 - Cities for All: Bridging the Urban Divide
- Open Forum on Social Responsibility, 14 December 2010, Kuala Lumpur
|REUTERS: Alstom says fined for negligence in Swiss bribery probe|
|Written by Ratna Devi|
|Thursday, 24 November 2011 00:36|
Nov 22 (Reuters) - Swiss authorities fined Alstom for corporate negligence but the corruption probe confirmed the absence of any bribery system at the French power and engineering group, Alstom said on Tuesday.
The Swiss Office Of attorney General was trying to determine whether the Alstom Group and some of its units had violated rules prohibiting the payment of foreign civil servants to unlawfully win commercial contracts.
The investigation, which opened in October 2007 and closed on November 22, has concluded the absence "of any system or so called slush funds used for bribery of civil servants to illegaly obtain contracts", the Alstom statement said.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 24 November 2011 00:43|